Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Class A ball and food

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Class A ball and food

    Winston-Salem has a Class A ball team affiliated w/ the White Sox and they are building a brand new stadium downtown to be open in the Spring of '09 . The are preselling tickets and packages and have added a new twist . The regular tickets are $9-$11 per game for the lower bowl section of the stadium , you have an option of adding $6 per game and it's all you can eat . So all the hot dogs , chicken sandwiches and sodas you can consume (alcohol excluded of course). Not bad for an xtra 6 bucks
    It's not a game by game thing but 17 home game package . Still a great deal if you're going anyways . I think I could hurt their margin .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Class A ball and food

    A lot of major league parks are doing this now a days. In Atlanta you have two different sections. One down the left field line higher up thats $25 a ticket I believe, and all the water,cokes, popcorn, nachos, hot dogs and pizza you can consume. The other in is right center for $65 and you can get beer, bbq chicken or pork, cole slaw, potato salad and a couple of other options plus all those mentioned above. Pretty sweet offers.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Class A ball and food

    That's not a bad deal. I probably spent 3X as much on food this summer at Smokies games as I did on tickets. Especially when you've got a wife who loves to dump entire buckets of popcorn out.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •